6.26.2008

NASA



Today we went with John's parents to NASA at Cape Canaveral. I must say that I was very excited about going there and Tucker was, too. I think that he was even MORE excited because he knew that there were no more rides and he was going with Oma and Peepaw!

I didn't know it, but NASA is on a wildlife preserve (after reading signs once we got there). I just figured that we would see some birds, but nothing to exciting. John kept telling us to be on the lookout for alligators because on one side of the road was a swamp river thing. I thought sure I am going to find an alligator this close to the road! Was I wrong! We saw one alligator about 2-3 feet long just sunning on the bank. Of course I didn't get a picture, because I didn't have my camera out, nor would of had time with Speedy Gonzalez Juan at the wheel! On the way back, we also saw a couple of wild hogs. I did make our race car driver slow down so that I could get a picture of one of the hogs (not as exciting as the gator, but it was better than nothing!)
Once we pulled into NASA and bought our tickets, we saw all kinds of neat artifacts and 3d movies. The highlight of it all to me was listening to Astronaut Al Worden talk. Here is a picture of Tucker with him. He was part of Apollo 15 that also landed on the moon in 1971. (The year that I was born!) I thought that he was very interesting!

0 comments: