11.30.2008

Happy Thanksgiving


I love Thanksgiving because it is a time when our family gets together and just eats. We don't have to worry about the stress of giving presents or anything like that. We get to just enjoy being together and catching up. We had a trio of Thanksgivings starting last Saturday. My dad's sister, Barbara, hosted the Tucker family Thanksgiving. Mom, Dad, Tucker, John, and I joined Dad's sisters and their families. Tucker loves visiting with them because he loves being with his two cousins, Marlowe and Erika.
Thanksgiving number 2 was in my hometown with my mom's side of the family. My aunt and uncle have opened a restaurant, so they had Thanksgiving at "Times Forgotten" restaurant. Tucker was there with mom and dad, but John and I had to stay behind because carpet installers were coming the next morning. I was very sad to miss the family get-together, but I will see them soon in December. Tucker enjoyed playing with all of his cousins and he loves seeing our extended families. I am so grateful that he values and enjoys being with all of his family as much as I do.
Thanksgiving #3 was with mom, dad, Tucker, and my grandmama. We had the traditional Turkey and cornbread dressing that I love more than anything. We also had mashed potatoes, hot rolls, and black-eyed peas. Then we polished the meal off with my favorite, apple pie. We had a great time visiting our family and filling our bellies! Now its time to shop and get ready for Christmas!

0 comments: