11.30.2008

Thanks Willy

As most of you know, Willy the dog, and I have a love/hate relationship. I need to formally thank Willy, though, because he was the catalyst for me getting a new kitchen and replacing the flooring in every corner of my house. It was needed before Willy came along, but let's just say that he pushed us to move a little faster. Luckily, it wasn't because he wanted to use the floor as a potty, but because he dug holes in the carpet upstairs. I can't find the "before" pictures, but I promise that it wasn't too pretty. The kitchen backsplash was white tile with maroon (yes, Aggie maroon) tiles mixed in. We also had white laminate countertops and laminate Pergo flooring. So, I said goodbye to the 90's look and welcomed a more modern kitchen. Here is a picture of our new granite countertops and tumbled-tile backsplash. I also painted the cabinets dark brown. I love the new look and actually enjoying just being in the kitchen and cooking!

2 comments:

Sherri said...

Your kitchen looks great! I need to know what type of paint you used on your cabinets. I need to get mine painted. I started with a color very simliar to what you have used, but then everyone told me it was too dark. I really like yours, though, so I think that I am going to go back with that idea. What type of paint did you use? Enamel? Oil Based? Did you varnish them?

Unknown said...

They looks fantastic...I am so jealous!