3.30.2009

Last Las Vegas Post

Our last day in Las Vegas had Tucker and I looking for things to do. We decided to visit Ethel M chocolate boutique at the Flamingo Hotel. I actually wanted to visit the factory, but we never actually made it there. I had visions of Tucker and I trying to take chocolate off of the conveyor belt like Lucy and Ethel from "I Love Lucy" show. Tucker and I would be fine with shoving chocolates in our mouths! At the "chocolate boutique" we picked out a box of chocolates with lemon filling, coconut filling, caramel filling, peanut butter filling, and chocolate truffles. We loved them all, but the lemon and caramel ones were my favorite! With our belly's full of chocolate, we then moved on to Jimmy Buffet's Margaritaville and relaxed on a couple of painted chairs. It was a great place to watch the people go by. I didn't blow out a flip flop, but I still wasted some time away. :0)


Later in the day, we went to the Hawaiin Tropic Cafe at Planet Hollywood.
While we were there, in walked a young girl who looked really familiar, but I couldn't place her. She went on to sit in a cabana at the restaurant. When John looked at her, he immediately proclaimed that she was "bikini girl" from this year's American Idol. He would know...he is absolutely in to American Idol, which actually surprises me a bit. While I am all over reality T.V., he doesn't get into TV much at all unless it football or golf. He will watch a movie, but he will not watch any series of shows except for American Idol. When it is on, basically the world is on hold. So with his American Idol knowledge, he KNEW that the girl was "bikini girl". He and Tucker were brave enough to go to her table to get a picture (all for Tucker, right?) Sometimes being a dad is really hard work. So that was our brush with fame while were in Las Vegas, if you can call it that. Tucker was excited about meeting "Makini girl" as he called her.




0 comments: