3.15.2009

Spring Break


We left Saturday, March 14 to drive (yes drive!) to Las Vegas. We really don't mind a rode trip since we usually drive 30 hours or so to visit John's family in Montreal, Canada. Driving to Vegas is actually nothing compared to that! We spent the night in New Mexico and today are driving through Arizona and will eventually get to Las Vegas later today. Before we hit Flagstone, Az, we kept seeing signs for the Grand Canyon. So, we changed our course just a little bit to stop by and visit it. It was just a little bit out of our way, and we decided that we may not ever get back there again! I must say that I was very excited to see the Grand Canyon because I have never been there before. I don't really know what I expected to see, but it was quite a sight. I would never say that I am afraid of heights, but this made a little uneasy and a bit anxious. Maybe because it is so far down to look, but I just couldn't get a grip on my depth perception. Needless to say, I did much better just looking out rather than looking down. Tucker just thought the whole thing was "cool". Well, guess we can check that off of our list of things to see and do!

Once we said our good-byes to the Grand Canyon, we still had another a few more hours before we hit Las Vegas. Traffic was fine until we were 10 miles from the Hoover Dam. It took us about an hour and a half to go those 10 miles and we had less than a quarter of a take of gas. Somehow we made it through, but it was close! We finally made it to our hotel, excited and exhausted. Now, we have to go to bed so we can start our day early tomorrow!

0 comments: