12.14.2008

Christmas Cookies

My favorite part of the Christmas season is cooking all of the goodies. Making fudge, decorating cookies, eating it all! When I married John, I found out that his mother has a tradition of making and decorating German shortbread cookies and no-cook chocolate balls. They are so pretty and yummy! Heide's cookies are truly a tradition that I look forward to. Once she shared the recipes with me, I turned it into a tradition of my own to make with Tucker. So, this year we spent Sunday afternoon baking and decorating the shortbread cookies. Once I made the dough, Tucker helped me roll out the dough and use the cookie cutters. He quickly got tired of that and just decided that he would do the decorating once the cookies were removed from the oven and had cooled off. Once we were ready to decorate the cookies, I made a little spread at the table with red, white and green sugar sprinkles, chocolate chips, and different colored frostings. This is Tucker's favorite part. He used a paintbrush to "paint" the frosting on the cookies and then heaviled sprinkled the cookies. His cookies were as beautiful as ever and even yummier in our bellies. I love our cookie traditions!

0 comments: