7.08.2008

Ice skating, Hockey, and keeping cool

Tucker has been taking ice skating lessons to get him ready for ice hockey. He started almost a year ago and has improved greatly. When he first started I was really thinking that he was never going to learn to ice skate, but he is making some progress. Could the problem be that my head strong son already thinks that he skates like Mike Modano and really doesn't need lessons? Self esteem is really not a problem in this situation! Attitude aside, Tucker is improving and it won't be long before he is finally on some kind of peewee hockey team.

Meanwhile his grandparents enjoyed getting to watch him skate during a couple of sessions.

John is also enjoying his time on the ice by being part of a men's hockey league. On Sundays, we go to our local mall to cheer him and his team on to victory (most of the time, anyway)! Althouogh the other night I was trying to cheer for the team and Tucker informed me that I was to ONLY cheer for John. It always makes me a little nervous to watch him play hockey just because I know that injuries seem to always happen. Luckily so far he has only had a black eye from a puck flying up and hitting him.



0 comments: