10.14.2008

Is your bucket full?



Last week, as we were driving home from school, Tucker told me that the counselor came to visit his class. I guess this made some kind impact on him, because he usually doesn't just volunteer school information. I am usually asking him all kinds of questions to get him to talk about the school day.
Tucker proceeded to tell me that we all have "buckets". He said that when you do good things like help a friend or tell someone that you like their shirt (his words I promise!), or hold a door open for a classmate, then you put stuff in your bucket. But when you say bad words or hurt someone's feelings then stuff comes out of your bucket. Now, I could be wrong, but I am guessing that landing on the yellow or blue lily pad would take stuff out of your bucket, but Tucker didn't seem to like my adding to the conversation! Tucker continued to tell me that your goal is to try to fill your bucket with goodness and keep it full.

This lesson seemed to really hit home with T. He has been talking about how to "fill your bucket" quite a bit and coming up with all kinds of examples of what fills and takes away from one's bucket. He even brought it up again today. It is so rewarding to see him learning and hearing the things that he retains from school. It is also nice to know that he is learning more that how to burp his ABC's at the lunch table. :0)

0 comments: