10.20.2008

Oh my

On Saturday, I made sure that I did all of my errands/shopping early and cleaned up the house (more or less) so that I would be ready to sit in front of the TV to watch my Longhorns play football against Missouri at 7pm. Tucker played on the computer and played with his toys for most of the game. John and I sat on the couch while I cheered my team on. I tend to get excited during the game and yell and cheer at the TV like I was really there, which I think annoys Tucker a little bit. I am not competitive at all by the way. :0)

After the game was over, John and I were discussing how good the Longhorns have been playing and how excited I am that they are "officially" number 1 since we beat OU at the Cotton Bowl. I really didn't think that Tucker was listening, but as I was tucking him into bed (another late night!), he had a worried look on his face. I knew that he was thinking about something and had something to say. He went on to tell me that "The Texas Longhorns aren't always number 1 or the best like you think they are." I am sure that I had a stunned look on my face as he continued, "You know someday, there will be a team that is better and you will have to get ready for that." What!!?? Who is this child and what happened to Tucker? I guess I am going to have to go full speed ahead with the UT brainwashing. I guess making the child wear burnt orange everyday, praying for a Longhorn winning season every night, sleeping on a pillow covered with a UT pillowcase, and singing the "Eyes of Texas" while he brushes his teeth (you know....to make sure that he brushes a long time) isn't enough anymore. :0)

0 comments: