10.20.2008

"F" words

Tonight I was helping Tucker with his homework. We had to locate in magazines or draw words that began with "F"and words that began with "L". Here is the finished product, but it took a little bit of brainstorming to get these pictures.
Instead of sacrificing my Star magazines to Edward Scissorhands, I decided to find a bunch of clip art pictures and put them in a publisher document and then let Tucker drag/drop them to the proper spaces. I figure that computer skills are just as important this day and age.
I thought that I would have Tucker give me some ideas for "f and l" pictures, so I asked him to give me something that starts with "f". (I should have known that it would go down hill from here) Without hesitating, he yelled out "FART" in such an excited voice. We seem to be all about body noises these days. Um, yes, Tucker, that is a word that starts with "f'", but I need to be able to find a picture of that, and well, it needs to be appropriate for school (although I did have to snicker a little quietly to myself).
He reluctantly threw out frog, football, and fish instead. Yes, those are perfect and we can get a good pictures of them! You know, finding "f" words can be a little bit tricky...but I guess he could have said a whole lot worse! Notice that there is a Longhorn in the L section. I guess my brainwashing is working after all. :)

0 comments: