1.04.2009

Hello Cupcake

Today is the last day of our Christmas vacation. I am usually ready to go back to work after being home for two weeks. Tucker is actually looking forward to going back to school and seeing his friends again. Hopefully this semester will be better than last semester. He is very excited because he was chosen to be the "Star" student for this coming week. We worked on his "Star" student poster this morning, so he is ready to go! I, however, could use a few more days home with Tucker. We have had so much fun reading, playing with new toys, and playing games on the Wii. I have actually read 5 books, but now that will come to a halt. I tend to not be able to put a book down until it is finished, so I can't really fit in reading all night with the whole working thing.
I have also spent a lot of time cooking, and have actually enjoyed it. This morning, I started thinking about a fabulous cake that my Aunt Carol used to make at our family Christmas gatherings. It was a white cake with white frosting and coconut sprinkled all over it. I think that she called it a Martha Washington cake, but I just remember it being a yummy, pretty, coconut cake. I found the recipe in my cookbook, so I decided to try to make it. After making the batter (from scratch...not from a box!) I decided that we needed cupcakes instead of a 3 layer cake. I figured it would be easier for our family to eat. Once the cupcakes were baked and decorated, Tucker and John quickly grabbed a one. Tucker really didn't like it much; he is more of a chocolate cupcake lover, as he explained to me. John seemed to think that they were pretty good. I haven't tried one yet, but I did have plenty of nibbles of the frosting and cake batter, at least that tasted pretty good. Oh well, my cooking streak is over...back to work, which means the kitchen is now on vacation. :0)

0 comments: