1.11.2009

Too much info

Tucker, for some reason, has really started watching all of the infomercials on TV. In case you have been hiding under a rock, here is a list of the most common infomercials: Big City Slider Station, Snuggie, Blendy pens, Bendy hangers, etc.
For some reason a lot of commercials are played during cartoons on Nick. I really didn't think much of it until the other day he paused the TV with a big phone number across the front, ran to get the phone and started dialing away. He is absolutely convinced that we NEED the Big City Slider Station for the ultimate mini cheeseburger. Excuse me...he doesn't even like burgers!

I thought that I had talked him out of ordering anything on the TV by telling him that none of that stuff ever works, you have to been 18 and older, and that is just a scam. He replied back with a "you are probably right because the Snugglie looks very soft, but it probably feels like a towel, right?" Yeah buddy, not to mentioned that we would all look pretty silly sitting around watching TV in our Snugglies. Basically last Sunday, we would have bought about 5 different products if I would have let him. I really thought that this conversation was over, but I guess he was still trying to figure out why I still wasn't for the whole TV product thing. We were driving home from school the other day, just talking about school and such, when he suddenly says, "Mama, the bendy hanger is probably something that you need, but I bet it doesn't bend like they show you on TV, right?" Hmmm, we have got to get that boy away from the TV.

2 comments:

Goags89 said...

I don't know---the "Big City Slider Station" sounds pretty cool. If Tucker manages to order it I want to borrow it sometime. They must spend a ton on advertising--Abby and I saw it a zillion times on HDTV.

Cheryl Mc said...

Maybe we should get one for the lake cabin. :0)