1.07.2009

We are making it

Just wanted to say that we are making it just fine after our Christmas break. Tucker popped out of bed Monday morning ready to get to school. Got dressed and brushed his teeth without any nagging from me. I had to pinch myself to make sure that I wasn't dreaming. He was ready to "present" his star student poster to "his kids" as he refers to his classmates.

Tuesday, my how things change so quickly, he was grumbling out of bed and referring to how much school stinks. What a different 24 hours make! Come to find out, it was just going to be a normal day and not fun anymore because he didn't get to present anything. Really? He already likes to talk in front of a group of peers. Who in their right mind REALLY enjoys that? I do it because it is part of my job, but I can't see that I look forward to it.

This morning, I would rate it as being in between the two above mentioned scenarios. We made it through the morning without too much stress and even are making it to school on time. Tomorrow, I am just praying for a early start. We have our clothes ready to jump into because we have to leave the house even earlier than usual so that I can get to a meeting.

I had to laugh a little as Tucker called me out earlier. He and Willy were doing there usual thing of playing tag and being too loud, so I guess I was a bit snippy in trying to calm the boy and the dog down. I heard Tucker sort of reply to Willy, "someone's a bit grumpy, aren't we Willy!" I just had to laugh at his response. I pretty sure he has heard me make a similar comment to him. I guess he listens more than I realize.

0 comments: