2.17.2009

Glad today is almost over

Today has been rough and I am glad that a new one starts in just a few hours. Our day started off ok, but just went downhill from there. At lunch, all I wanted to do was squirt a little lime into my tortilla soup. You would have thought that the little slippery sucker was a bowling ball the way it slipped out of my hand and landed in my soup. Let's just say I had soup all over the top half of my sweater. SH&#$ was all I could say. I wiped myself off and ate what was left of the soup in my bowl. I went back to work smelling like Mexican food in my soup spotted sweater. Good thing I was just going to be at my desk the rest of the afternoon!
So then at 5:30 pm, I get off work and go pick up Tucker. I just knew that our "talk" on the way to school today was going to hit home and we were going to have a green day today. Well, forget about that. It wasn't blue like yesterday, but we had another yellow day. Then to top it off, he decided to throw his sweatshirt on top of the school building. What the heck? Needless to say, we had another "talk" on the way home this afternoon and then when we got home, I sent him to his room. I put talk in quotes, because it is me doing the talking and Tucker doing the listening. Grandparents don't worry...I never touched the child, but we did have a night without any technology (no computer, no xbox or wii). The child was so bored, he went to sleep on the couch by 7:45. Hmmm, maybe this should be our nightly routine? At this point, this is when I am saying in my head that he is driving me crazy. This is also usually when the next day or so Tucker gets sick and I end up staying home from work a day or two. I hope that he feels fine and doesn't get sick. Hopefully this is just a phase that he (we) are going through and him coming down with a cold. I am hopeful for a new, better day tomorrow for us both!

0 comments: