2.22.2009

"Like a nut"

Tucker has developed a new phrase that is really pretty funny. Mom, Tucker and I were attempting to shop yesterday in Frisco. I say attempt because the boy wouldn't let us look or shop at anything unless it had some kind of Dallas Cowboy or Dallas Maverick logo on it. Try finding running shoes that fit that criteria! I was pretty much at my witts end with him once again during this shopping experience. I must say my patience thermometer is pretty low with him these days and I do need to work on that! So, as we are driving in the car, he says that he was bitten by a mosquito at some point during the morning. I do the sort of ignoring thing so I can concentrate on driving and looking at my email while driving. :0) I guess I didn't give him as much attention as required, so he says "I am itching like a nut." Mom and I just crack up. It was a well needed laugh!

Even though I thought the nut phrase was pretty funny, I just figured it was a one-liner that he is so good at saying. Evidently the phrase is going to stick around for a little while. This morning, he is determined that one of his front teeth is about to wiggle out of his mouth, so he runs into the kitchen to tell me that the tooth is "wiggling like a nut." That just makes me giggle a little bit. It seems to be a good phrase to add for a big emphasis. So anytime you are at a loss for words, just add "like a nut." It seems to do the trick or that is at least this is the way Tucker rolls...like a nut. :0)

0 comments: