2.04.2009

Happy Birthday Peaches

BubbleShare: Share photos - Find great Clip Art Images.


While I was in Austin, my mom, had a birthday on Feb. 4. I did call her and Tucker was able to call her, as well, but we felt it was also worthy of a blog shout out.

Tucker refers to her as "Peaches". Her 'grandma' name, Peaches, started as sort of a joke, but it has definitely stuck. In fact, one day I was reading a book to Tucker about grandparents and it mentioned "granny" in the book. Tucker had a really hard laugh out loud moment and thought that is was absolutely crazy that someone would be called "Granny"! Little does he know that Peaches is really the name that isn't so common.

Peaches and Tucker are about as close as they come. I have yet to hear her really tell him "no", which is probably why he loves being with my parents so much. Funny that they didn't seem to have that same problem when I was growing up. :0)

When we are together visiting with my parents, you can always count on Tucker and mom huddling together and playing cars or building with Legos. We always just laugh and say that they deserve each other. If Tucker wants to do something crazy, Peaches (& Papaw) are usually right there with the him. Tucker is always ready to be with them and especially likes it when he can visit them without me there with him. We hate that we couldn't celebrate her birthday with her, but we will get together soon! HAPPY BIRTHDAY PEACHES!

0 comments: