8.26.2008

1st Full day of Kindergarten

Today is the first real day of Kindergarten. We were allowed to walk our children into the school and get them settled. Once Tucker saw his class walking down the hallway, he was pretty much done with me! I tried to give him little hug and smooch bye, but he quickly informed me that "this isn't how I roll, mama." What? Since when does a little lovin from the mama become "not how I roll." (Later, I was informed that I could hug and kiss him at home, just that I wasn't allowed any public displays of affection.)
So off he goes, as I see the vision of the Hulk backpack get smaller and smaller. I couldn't help but be just a little sad that my little man is taking one more step towards independence and growing up to be the little man that he is.
As I get to the car, I hold myself together. Then let out a big sigh, as I remember that we talked about the choices in the cafeteria, but I completely forgot to tell him that I had created an an account in the cafeteria to pay for his lunches! I knew that he was armed with goldfish crackers and bottle water, so he at least had something if the lunch buying fell through!
Tucker had a great day at Kindergarten and is already starting to make some new friends. There were a few times throughout the day that I just stopped working and just wonder what he was doing. I know that he will be fine and he is in great, loving hands at his school.

0 comments: