8.27.2008

Yellow? Already?

Today, I had to drop off Tucker at the school in the car line. We were told on Monday that they needed to gain independence and that parents need to let go and allow our children to go into the school alone. WHAT? So, as hard as it was (and how excited he was!) I let him open the door and hop out between the orange cones and walk up the sidewalk and into the school. How badly I wanted to quickly go park and just soft of "follow" him to make sure that he made it to the classroom and remind him one more time to be a good listener, a good friend to everyone, and follow directions. Once I made it to work, I stayed busy enough to keep me from running over there to check things out! We did talk about lunch on the way to school, so I felt confident that we are on the right track.
I go to pick him up from school and today we have the "red" folder which contains the discipline chart. Remember "D-green" is good, "A-red" is bad, and "C-yellow" and "B-blue" follow somewhere in between. To my shock and dismay, we have a YELLOW today. Oh.my.gosh! What in the world could my angel of a child do to make his frog change to a yellow lily pad on the 2nd day of school? So, we had to have our "I know that you may slip up, but don't make this a habit" speech. Of course, Tucker was on the defense and had practiced a really good story as to what happened! Then he proceeds to tell me that he "gets to start fresh and green every day." (I am sure he heard that one from his teacher.) Hopefully this was a 'get the point across' move and while Tucker quickly tested the waters, found out that he isn't getting away with anything. Good for our teacher...she needs to get her bluff in early! Hopefully we will see green from now on! We even brought our teacher a gift today, just imagine what color we would be on without the present? I have a feeling that Kindergarten is going to be expensive. :0)

0 comments: