8.04.2008

Getting Ready

I have been shopping a little bit throughout the summer to get Tucker ready for Kindergarten. Ok, well, maybe I have been trying to get myself ready for Tucker GOING to Kindergarten. One minute I am excited for the new adventures that he will have, then the next I am sick to my stomache with worry.

I have been checking out the "back to school supplies" wondering which kind of backpack will he want? Which lunchbox will he choose or even will he need a lunchbox? (We already have our school supplies like crayons and stuffed ordered through the school PTA!) I have never been a big fan of "character" clothes and items, but Tucker is a big fan of superhero stuff. So, I guessed that we would end up with Spiderman, Superman, or even something with a Transformer on it. Right now, the superhero of the second, seems to be the Incredible Hulk. My mom found a Hulk backpack at Target and decided to buy it for the boy. He, of course, loved it. So, what do you do with a Hulk backpack that you will use the first day of school? You rip the tags off of it and then you stuff it full with Transformers!

A few days later, Tucker and I are walking another back to school aisle, now scoping out the lunchboxes. We once again look up and down and see all kinds of character lunchboxes, even some metal ones like I had when I was in school. This time he decides on a more basic camo lunchbox. Now, I can only hope that I can get up early enough to figure out what to put in it!

0 comments: