8.17.2008

Wal-mart Sneezer

We had another quiet weekend, which is want I needed after a really busy week at work. Tucker and I did some tax free clothes shopping on Saturday, but that was a crazy as it gets. We went to Wal-Mart on Sunday just to give us something to do, plus we needed groceries.
I had already given my "we are NOT buying a toy" speech to Tucker. So, we skipped the toy section and headed for the fodd. I gave him a mental list of items to help me remember and find when we were shopping. This is sort of a game we play when we go shopping so that he is busy looking for a specific item and not always asking for a million things to buy.
While walking down the coffee/condiment aisle, I heard Tucker say, "mmm, I love the smell of coffee." Being the attentive mother that I am, I just nodded and kept going. I must say that the remark really didn't register with my mommy trouble-radar. I did notice that he had plucked to whole coffee beans from somewhere and was playing with them in his hands. The next aisle over is the bread area, so as we were checking out the buns, I heard a rather loud nose blow/sneezy sound. As I looked at Tucker to see what was going on, I see the two coffee beans shooting out of his nose like bullets! While the coffee beans were not shoved up his nose that long, I am so thankful that they didn't get lodged way up there. I just had "what if" flashes and somehow avoided a trip to the emergency room. I worried about that kind of stuff when Tucker was little, but NEVER thought that we would attempt these kinds of tricks at the ripe ole age of "5 almost 6" years old.

1 comments:

Danielle M. Scroggins said...

i'm holding my breath because i know that will happen to me. i have a fear of food where it shouldn't be, and i've been way to lucky up to this point!