9.30.2008

Happy Birthday Little Man


Six years ago today, Tucker came in to our lives. It has only been six years and yet I really don't remember what my life was like without him. What a blessing he has been to my family and me. Tucker is one of those people that you just gravitate to. He just has that personality that makes him stand out...even if it means getting yellows and blues in Kindergarten!
He is smart, stubborn, happy, loving, funny, and just remarkable. I tell him often that I am the luckiest mom in the world to have such a super little man. There are days when we have our moments of fighting, pouting, and just not really wanting to be around each other, but that all passes quickly. As I think about the six short years that have passed, I am amazed at the little boy that he has become and curious about the little man that he will be. When I asked him today what kind of job he wanted when he grew up, he told me that he wanted to go to ice cream college and be in charge of an ice cream store. (I think the fighter pilot job went out the window during the Mt. Everest ride at Disneyworld this year.)
As I put Tucker to bed tonight and kissed him for the last time as a 5-year old, he asked me, "mama, what will I look like tomorrow when I am 6?" We have had this conversation not so long ago, and he has it in his head that he will all of a sudden be taller and older. Boy, he will be disappointed in the morning when he wakes up! He also thought that his days of being a kindergartener was up and that he would start first grade when he turned 6. It is hard to explain to him that it will be next year before he is a first grader and that time just doesn't fly by. Although, now that I think about it...wasn't he just born yesterday?

2 comments:

Eigna said...

Oh my goodness...what a cutie pie! It is neat to have this little one, who becomes a person right before your eyes. I love to hear Tucker stories, he always says the cutest things! Happy Birthday, Tucker!

Mama SB said...

Made me misty eyed...being a mom is a wonderful thing (most of the time, right?)