9.29.2008

Lego Day and Presents

Tucker didn't feel well this morning when we woke up, so we stayed home from work and school today. Maybe it was the busy, fun-filled weekend, but he convinced me that he didn't feel well enough to make it through the school day. Most of the morning he watched TV in bed or on the couch, but by the end of the day he seemed to be feeling much better. We spend most of the afternoon building his Lego Starwars village and ship. You don't be jealous, but at one point, Tucker proclaimed me to be the "Lego Master of the World". I guess playing with Legos with my brother when we were younger has finally paid off.

When John came home from work and asked how Tucker how he felt, Tucker replied that he was feeling much better and just needed to take a Lego day. WHAT? Evidently, he just needed an extra day off from school to play with his new Legos!
After dinner we celebrated Tucker's birthday again with cake a presents. He wanted a chocolate cake with strawberries for his birthday, so I just made it for him instead of buying one. It was basically a German Chocolate cake, but I decorated the side with chocolate butter cream. toTucker thought it needed a few extra decorations, so he added the strawberry to the top of the cake. I guess he also needed to taste the frosting, so he put a big hole in the side. Nice touch, T! He finally had had enough of us and and was ready to open presents. I think this is the only time that Tucker will pass up sweet stuff. He really didn't care much for the cake...he just wanted to open the presents! Tornado Tucker opened all of the gifts in about 5 seconds! I barely had time for pictures, but here are a few. I think that he was happy with most of the gifts, especially his new iPod Nano. I had it loaded with lots of Jonas Brothers, Miley Cyrus, and High School Musical songs. I also loaded Spongebob, Scooby Doo, and Jimmy Neutron tv shows. Happy Birthday, T!










0 comments: