9.06.2008

Blue-Green-Blue


I can talk about this now, but I certainly couldn't last Friday...Our first week of kindergarten had some rough patches. Basically we made it through the first day with a green in conduct. I was so excited for my little angel! On Wednesday, it seems that we slipped a little and had some trouble follwing directions and talking. Really? Surely it was another child. Needless to say, we ended up with a yellow day on the 2nd day of school. Thursday was a new and fresh day and somehow we mangaged to stay green like the Incredible Hulk. After school on Friday, I went to pick up Tucker and he was so proud of himself and couldn't wait to show me his red conduct folder. He can't wait to show me and tell me that he had a blue and then the teacher out of the goodness of her heart decided to change him back to green. I guess he didn't figure on me going bonkers on getting the blue, even if the blue went to a green later in the day. Well, my teacher brain just didn't compute the story very well. Since we have about a 20 minute drive to get home, I found this to be a good time to get the story straight. As it turns out, my sweet little angel did receive blue on conduct and it should have stayed blue. My little angel just decided on his own to go ahead and change the blue to a green! Tucker found out quickly that this makes a mama RED! Tucker learned a lot from this experience and I did, too. I was very disappointed in my little boy, and he knew it. He found out that when you lie...you will get caught. While he would have been in trouble for just getting the blue, he now was in even more trouble for getting a blue and then coloring the blue to a green. I hope that he makes better decisions in the future and understands that mistakes are made and you learn from them. I am sure that one day we will remember this incident when he is much older and even find it a bit humorous (right?) Many of you have already heard this story, and even thought he was pretty clever. Thanks to my friends and family for helping me get through this!
Now, another week has passed since this incident. You will also see in the picture above that we have now completed our second week of kindergarten and that we have brought home "greens" in conduct all week long! I think that we may just be getting the hang of this kindergarten thing.

1 comments:

Danielle M. Scroggins said...

no worries-we had a yellow card this week as well. i guess it takes a little time to get settled. :)