9.14.2008

Simple Saturday and playing with Wordle

It has been a boring weekend at Tucker's house. John cooked blueberry waffles for us for breakfast. I must say that he did not too bad of a job! The rest of the day, we just spend the day cleaning, eating, and watching TV. Tucker's soccer game was cancelled due to Hurricane Ike and the storm we were suppose to have. That was really about it for Saturday.

Sunday was a beautiful day and I took Willy for a walk as soon as I woke up. I had my Ipod ready and had planned on staying gone for a while. My iPod had other plans and quit working after about 45 minutes of walking. To Willy's disappointment, we went on back home. Music just really makes the walk better and I really wanted to get home to see if I could repair my iPod. Somehow, my search for repair ideas led me to the Apple Online Store. HMMMM...I see that Apple is coming out with a 4th generation Nano. The pretty orange one is REALLY nice if anyone was at a loss for what to buy me. :)

We finally put on normal clothes about 11:15 on Sunday to head to Tucker's indoor soccer game. He played well and almost scored 2 goals. He just gets better and better each time he plays.

Finally, I decided to play around with Wordle. This is a great website where you just put in a bunch of words. If you put in the same word multiple times, it gets bigger than the others. Once your list is made, you hit go and it creates a neat word cloud. I made one using words to describe Tucker (above). I can see lots of fun uses for this for home and for the classroom, so I had to share. Go play with wordle...you will love it.

0 comments: