9.09.2008

Lunch with Tucker

One of the best things about Tucker being in the same school district as me is that I can eat lunch with him every once in a while. Now that the 1st 2 weeks of school are over, the kindergarten parents are now allowed to eat with their kids. They really didn't want us up there in the way, until a good routine was established in the lunchroom, so I followed directions and stayed away. No need for me to get a blue in conduct, either!
Looking at the lunch menu on Tuesday, we decided that I would bring him lunch. Today was the the day! We had a date and we were both looking forward to me bringing lunch and eating with my little man. Shouldn't be an issue right? Well, I failed to mention to you that we are really talking "brunch". Tucker eats "lunch" from 10:25-10:50ish. This means that if I go pick something up, I am driving through picking up food at 10:15 in the morning. If you want breakfast for lunch, this really isn't a problem. But when you have promised some kind of chicken nugget and french fries, your options are limited, especially when you leave the office at 10:15 and still need to get the lunch. First stop...McDonalds. Well, the one closest to my office stops serving breakfast at 10:30. Never.go.there.again! So next stop A&W/Long John Silver's. Not even open...who wants LJS anyway? Good ole Burger King came to the rescue and I was on my merry way to deliver the goods to Tucker. I was a couple of minutes late, but there were still classmates waiting in the cafeteria line so all was good. Tucker was allowed to choose a friend and we all sat at a "special" table to have our lunch/brunch together. Next time, we will either have breakfast for lunch or I will allow more time to make a Sonic or Burger King run. At least I know now what my choices are.

0 comments: